About Me

My photo
I am a wife to the most amazing husband (Eric) and a mother to 2 wonderful kids (Jessica and Evan). My family is my world. I have recently put my career as a medical assistant on hold to be a stay-at-home mom/wife. We want to raise kids with manners and still have a strong family, so I am always trying ideas to help make things easier on me (cleaning tips, organization, meal planning, crafts, etc.) I thought I would share them with everyone out there. So, please comment with your ideas, or if you have tried one posted on here (Did you like it?) I am always open to suggestions. I am also looking for money savers. It's my new passion now that there is only 1 income.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Denim Bracelet

It happened...my fave of all fave jeans are no longer wearable. I wore them to the point of inappropriate holes...
We all know that I am addicted to crafting. And I have been dying for a denim bracelet. I searched the internet for some cool designs to try to recreate and came up with nothing. Then I remembered making friendship bracelets as a kid. I figured I would try that same technique with thicker strands of denim. What the hell, I am throwing the jeans away anyways.




Ok, so first I cut strips of denim the length of the leg part. (Yes, the entire length).
Then, I stitched the 4 strips together at one end.
Starting with the stitched end, I started knotting the pieces.

Take the 1st and 2nd pieces and make sort of a #4 with them



Tuck piece 1 under piece 2 and pull the knot all the way up.



Continuing with piece 1, move down the bracelet knotting the same way with piece
1 & 3 and piece 1 & 4


Start back at the begining of the bracelet and continue until it is long enough for your wrist.

Stitch a few stitches at the end to keep loose ends neat and together.


Cut off any dangling pieces after the stitching.


Then stitch the begining part to the end to form a circle.



Because the stitching looks all ugly, I took a piece of scrap and wrapped it around the stitching.



I put 2 stitches in an X to keep the wrapped piece in place.
And it's all done!!!!

Your new bracelet!



1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breathe much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete