About Me

My photo
I am a wife to the most amazing husband (Eric) and a mother to 2 wonderful kids (Jessica and Evan). My family is my world. I have recently put my career as a medical assistant on hold to be a stay-at-home mom/wife. We want to raise kids with manners and still have a strong family, so I am always trying ideas to help make things easier on me (cleaning tips, organization, meal planning, crafts, etc.) I thought I would share them with everyone out there. So, please comment with your ideas, or if you have tried one posted on here (Did you like it?) I am always open to suggestions. I am also looking for money savers. It's my new passion now that there is only 1 income.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Unstick the Sticky

I don't know how many times I have tried peeling a pricetag or sticker off of an item I just purchased, cursing the store for sticking in right where it shouldn't be. I chip my nails, I get sticky residue smeared all over, and I'm left with a new item with half of a sticker ripped off it.

I stumbled across this on Pinterest and kind of tucked it back in my head for later use. Well...we did some shopping today, and what would you know....all the stickers were basically glued to the items. So I put my found knowledge to use. And what do you know, IT WORKED!

This is what happened when I tried to peel the sticker off.
Yep, awful!

So, I took my hairdryer and blasted the sticker for about 30 seconds with high heat. 
This is what started to happen.


After about a minute, the sticker was completely removed. No chipped nails, no goo all over.
FANTASTIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment