About Me

My photo
I am a wife to the most amazing husband (Eric) and a mother to 2 wonderful kids (Jessica and Evan). My family is my world. I have recently put my career as a medical assistant on hold to be a stay-at-home mom/wife. We want to raise kids with manners and still have a strong family, so I am always trying ideas to help make things easier on me (cleaning tips, organization, meal planning, crafts, etc.) I thought I would share them with everyone out there. So, please comment with your ideas, or if you have tried one posted on here (Did you like it?) I am always open to suggestions. I am also looking for money savers. It's my new passion now that there is only 1 income.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Cardboard Creation

Well, the weather went from warm and wonderful, to windy and chilly. So the kids had to play inside today. To be honest, they were driving me nuts, and I knew it was just that they were sick of their indoor toys.

Looking around the house for something new and fun, I came across the box of broken down boxes in Evan's closet. I googled cardboard kid's crafts, and there were so many ideas. Jess wanted to build a ship so she could travel the ocean.

Here is how the ship turned out....

1st I had to cut the base box (the biggest one we had).

I then taped parts into place.

Next I cut and stacked boxes ontop of the base box, and in front of it, till it looked like a ship!

Finally we added the flag and the kids have been playing in this boat for hours!




No comments:

Post a Comment