About Me

My photo
I am a wife to the most amazing husband (Eric) and a mother to 2 wonderful kids (Jessica and Evan). My family is my world. I have recently put my career as a medical assistant on hold to be a stay-at-home mom/wife. We want to raise kids with manners and still have a strong family, so I am always trying ideas to help make things easier on me (cleaning tips, organization, meal planning, crafts, etc.) I thought I would share them with everyone out there. So, please comment with your ideas, or if you have tried one posted on here (Did you like it?) I am always open to suggestions. I am also looking for money savers. It's my new passion now that there is only 1 income.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Container Cupboard


So this isn't really a post of how to do something, it's more of a motivational one. Our container cupboard was down-right SCARY! I have been putting it off for some time now....ok, a looooong time now. But it was to the point where we couldn't find a lid to match anything, and to open the cupboard was risking your life.

Here is the before...

Scary, I know

So with the assistance of mini me, all pieces were removed from the cupboard and it was wiped down.

She's looking like, "Now what?"

Hey! There's my ice cubes holder! A lot of good it's doing in there!!!
While the inside of the cupboard was drying, we sorted things into piles. Jess got distracted with the cool popsicle holder/maker (who knew we had that!) but I dove right in to the pile of plastics.

Well these popsicle thingies are the coolest thing ever!

Large storage container pile

Large bowls and measuring thingies
Then, I went through the lids...the evil lids... After finding ones that had containers to match, I was left with a pile that had no partners... :(    They are now in the trash.
All lids that have a container to match

Non matching lids, AKA trash.
So after all was said and done, and Sleeping Beauty was almost awake, the cupboard was organized!

Look it's where it should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment