About Me

My photo
I am a wife to the most amazing husband (Eric) and a mother to 2 wonderful kids (Jessica and Evan). My family is my world. I have recently put my career as a medical assistant on hold to be a stay-at-home mom/wife. We want to raise kids with manners and still have a strong family, so I am always trying ideas to help make things easier on me (cleaning tips, organization, meal planning, crafts, etc.) I thought I would share them with everyone out there. So, please comment with your ideas, or if you have tried one posted on here (Did you like it?) I am always open to suggestions. I am also looking for money savers. It's my new passion now that there is only 1 income.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Serving Sized Snacks


I don't know why I haven't done this before, but here is a simple way to make sure you only eat 1 serving.

In order to save money, we buy bulk-sized bags of things. Well it's very tempting to sit down with the huge bag and snack away as we watch an evening show.


Take your bulk-sized item, or anything that has more than 1 serving in it, and take a single serving out, putting it in snack-sized baggies.

We found that a container filled with snack sizes on the counter makes it easy to grab and go so we have something with us if we are out and get hungry. (Lots healthier than stopping for a $1 burger) And the kids can get their own snacks. We also did this in the fridge with veggies and applesauce (applesauce was put into 1-cup containers (We used the Take-N-Toss, but I'm sure any kind will do).

No comments:

Post a Comment