About Me

My photo
I am a wife to the most amazing husband (Eric) and a mother to 2 wonderful kids (Jessica and Evan). My family is my world. I have recently put my career as a medical assistant on hold to be a stay-at-home mom/wife. We want to raise kids with manners and still have a strong family, so I am always trying ideas to help make things easier on me (cleaning tips, organization, meal planning, crafts, etc.) I thought I would share them with everyone out there. So, please comment with your ideas, or if you have tried one posted on here (Did you like it?) I am always open to suggestions. I am also looking for money savers. It's my new passion now that there is only 1 income.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Diaper Cake Motorcycle



I absolutely love making these for new moms and dads! They can be made for a boy or girl, or neutral.
Here I have posted the step-by-step instructions if you'd like to know how to make them yourself.
I also sell these for $50 each. Just let me know what specific colors you want.

WHAT YOU NEED:
50 diapers
3 washcloths
2 receiving blankets
1 package of travel wipes
1 bib
1 bottle
1 stuffed animal
ribbon
scissors
tape (preferably double sided)
yarn
rubberbands
A little patience...


STEP 1
Divide your diapers. Each tire will have 25.
Then lay them overlapping.


STEP 2
Take a rolled washcloth and use it as your guide, and roll the diapers into the tire. This is where you will need the patience. Don't worry if they aren't all even, you can adjust them later.



STEP 3
Secure the tire with a rubberband, then tie your yarn tightly around the rubberband.
Remove the rubberband and repeat steps 1-3 to make the 2nd tire.


STEP 4
Wrap your ribbon around each tire. Use the tape to secure it. Ribbon should cover the yarn.
Set the tires aside.


STEP 5
Take 1 of your receiving blankets and fold it so it is narrow. Secure the ends with rubberbands. This will make them easier to pull through the middle of the tires.




STEP 6
Pull the blanket through 1 tire leaving a little bit of slack at one end. Then pull it through the 2nd tire as shown.



STEP 7
Remove the rubberbands from the ends of the blanket and wrap 1 of the rubberbands around both ends together. This will become the middle of the motorcycle.



STEP 8
Add the bumpers with 2 washcloths. I used tape to secure them onto the ribbon.


STEP 9
Fold the 2nd receiving blanket as you did the first 1 and pull it through the front tire leaving equal slack on each side.
Wrap the last washcloth around the bottle. Place bottle on the front tire and wrap the receiving blanket around the bottle.
Secure with a rubberband.
Add 1 sock to each handlebar.
Place your pack of wipes, with the bib wrapped around it, in the center of the motorcycle.




STEP 10
Add your animal and you are finished

No comments:

Post a Comment